Launch Codes focuses on alterating trajectories using a number of different setup and swing elements. It is essential to be proficient with altering trajectory in order to build out your shot inventory for an immesurable amount of situations that may arise throughout any given round. Consider developing the following shots as you practice:
- Stinger – an extremely low punch shot
- Punch Shot
- Flighted Trajectory – slightly lower than your stock trajectory
- High Launch
- Extreme High Launch
Use the following setup and swing elements to produce the aforementioned shots:
- Stinger – play the ball 1/2 way between the middle of your stance and your trail (back) foot, add 10% weight onto your lead (front) food, make a 3/4 length (shoulder high) backswing, and transfer weight assertively through the impact zone.
- Punch Shot – play the ball one ball behind the center of your stance, add 5% weight onto your lead (front) foot, make a 3/4 length (shoulder) high backswing, and maintain the widest swing arc possible through the impact zone.
- Flighted Trajectory – play the ball 1/2 a ball behind the normal ball position of whatever club you are using, maintain a wide swing arc back and through by minimizing the formation of leverage in your trailing wrist during the backswing, and transfer weight assertively through the impact zone.
- High Launch – maintian the normal ball position for the club that you are going to use, add 5% weight to your trail (back) foot, allow leverage to form freely in your trail wrist during the backswing, maintain a constant grip pressure during the downswing.
- Extreme High Launch – play the 1/2 ball forward of the normal ball position for the club you are using, add 10% weight to your trail (back) foot, mazimize leverage in your trail wrist during the backswing and maintain as much leverage possible in the same wrist during the downswing.
Lead foot and wrist refers to the left side for right-handed golfers and the right side for left-handed golfers.
Trail foot and wrist refers to the right side for the right-handed golfers and the left side for left-handed golfers.
60007 Birchwood Ln
Amory, MS 38821
8am – Sunset Every Day